Sign up for our parallel session on the establishment of a hydrogen corridor for heavy-duty vehicles in the megaregion between Hamburg and Oslo at the Fehmarnbelt Days on May 31st, from 11:00 to 12:00.
Today, heavy-duty vehicles are responsible for 27% of CO2 emissions from road transport in the EU. Since 1990, these emissions have increased by 25% and future trends show that, without additional political action and the application of clean technologies, the share of CO2 emission from heavy-duty vehicles in road transport will increase to 32% in 2030.
Hydrogen is one of the key alternative fuels for decarbonising heavy-duty transport in Northern Europe. STRING is therefore in the process of establishing the STRING hydrogen corridor project with 12 hydrogen refuelling stations and a fleet of 570 hydrogen heavy-duty vehicles along the Northern part of the TEN-T ScanMed corridor, stretching from Valetta to Helsinki.
At the event, we will present the project and discuss the role of the STRING hydrogen corridor in building a green hydrogen economy, attracting investments, jobs and businesses to Northern Europe:
- Claus Christian Claussen, the Chair of STRING and Minister of Justice, European Affairs and Consumer Protection of Schleswig-Holstein, will give a keynote on green infrastructure as an innovation driver.
- Jacob Krogsgaard, the CEO of Everfuel A/S, will give a keynote on the role of refuelling station networks for building a green hydrogen economy.
Panelists from politics and business will discuss the question: Is the STRING hydrogen corridor the enabler for a green hydrogen economy in Northern Europe?
- Mark Helfrich (German Christian Democratic Union) – Member of the German parliament: Committee of Economic Affairs and Energy & Committee of Affairs of the European Union
- Katarina Ammitzbøll (Danish Conservative People’s Party) – Member of the Danish parliament: Committee of Climate, Energy and Utilities & Committee of European Affairs
- Andreas Schönström – Chair of the Technical Services Committee, City of Malmö
- Jorgo Chatzimarkakis – Secretary General, Hydrogen Europe
- Ingebjørg Telnes Wilhelmsen – Secretary General, Norwegian Hydrogen Forum
- Jan Rispens, Managing Director of the Renewable Energy Hamburg Cluster Agency, will moderate the event.
Time and place
The parallel session will take place online on May 31st, 2021 from 11:00 – 12:00.
Sign up here:
Register here: https://app.eu.veertly.com/v/fehmarnbeltdays2021. Click on “register” and choose ID number 3 for the hydrogen session in block A in the registration form.
Please feel free to share this invitation with your network. A full programme for the event will follow soon. With you registration, you will have the opportunity to participate in the entire Fehmarnbelt Days 2021 conference.