Are you a skilled and structured student assistant, who wants to be a driving force behind the application of alternative fuels and sustainable transport in Scandinavia and Germany? Then you might be our new student assistant in the STRING Secretariat!
Application deadline: April 11th, 2021
Working place: Copenhagen
STRING is a political cross-border organisation consisting of five cities and eight regions from Hamburg to Oslo. Together we are working to become the STRING megaregion, globally acknowledged as a Green Hub for clean technologies and a leading implementer of sustainable infrastructure solutions.
We are searching for a self-driven and outgoing student assistant, who can support different initiatives concerning project management and lobbying activities by assisting the project managers in a range of coordinative and administrative tasks. You can find more information about the projects on our website: www.stringnetwork.org. We are looking for an assistant 2,5 days a week. You will work in a secretariat with five colleagues switching between offices in Copenhagen and Sorø.
Your tasks can cover, but are not limited to:
- Assistance to the project manager, mainly on;
- a project relating to building a hydrogen corridor between Oslo and Hamburg;
- lobbying initiatives for fixed links across the Öresund and improved railway between Oslo and Gothenburg.
- STRINGs efforts of positioning ourselves as an internationally acknowledged Green Hub
- Keeping track of solved and outstanding project tasks
- Assistance in the arrangement of meetings
- Assistance in stakeholder analysis
- Administrative coordination
- Preparation of meeting material
- Meeting logistics
- Preparation of power-point presentations
- Background research and ad-hoc tasks
- You are enrolled in a relevant degree like e.g. public administration, political sciences etc.
- You are fluent in English + one of the Scandinavian languages or German
- You enjoy working in a dynamic political environment
- You are self-driven and have a problem -solving attitude
- You are detailed-oriented and passionate about bringing structure into things
- It is an asset, if you have relevant working experience in the field
- You are comfortable interacting with a range of different stakeholders from different disciplines.
- You are quick, efficient and agile to solve many different tasks at once under sometimes short time constraints.
We are offering:
- A student job with ca. 17 working hours a week starting on April 19th, 2021 or as soon as possible
- A flexible working environment where you will be given the responsibility to run your own projects
- The flexibility to choose your own hours as long as the job gets done
- Dedicated and interactive colleagues
- The opportunity to adjust your tasks based on your competencies and working experience
Is the job something for you?
Please send your cover letter, CV and transcript of records to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “application as student assistant in STRING” until April 11th, 2021. If you have further questions about the position, please contact Stella Bücker, Project and Policy Adviser, STRING Secretariat via mail email@example.com or phone +45 9357 0125.